Pages

Postcards from New York

23 de janeiro de 2015

IMG_7978

When I was in Montréal last year and my french classes finished, I decided go to new york. I have a lot of sweet memories from that city, because was the very first time that I traveled to anywhere outside Brazil and NYC was my neighbor for one year, when I wanted to go there it was just catch a train and one hour later I was there. My wanderlust started there, since in NY you can do anything, anytime, that city really never sleep.
I love that place and this time was the first time I returned there after five years! Is incredible how I could remember everything, all the streets, where I should have to go(except find the grand central station, I really have a problem in find that place).
Was a very quick trip, I went on a excursion with sinorama and just stayed there for a day and half, just for the principal attractions and some shopping (top of the rock, wall st, a cruise where I could see the statue of liberty, times square, etc).
While I was there, I could eat again a red velvet cupcake from Magnolia Bakery, eat a typical american hot dog (from Five guys this time), shop at CVS, walk around in these streets full of people, find the "love", take a rest on the red stairs at times squares, go to the saint patrick cathedral, see the big piano at FAO Schwarz , go to a quick visit at tiffany and Co and use the Apple Store wifi, and a lot of things that I liked to do while I was there.
Next time I want go with my family and friends and do all these things with them - it's hard get tired of NY.

***

Quando estava em Montréal ano passado e minhas aulas de francês terminaram, eu ainda tinha dez dias antes de voltar para o Brasil, então resolvi ir em New York. Eu tenho várias lembranças boas de lá, porque foi o primeiro lugar que eu fui fora do Brasil foi para os Estados Unidos e NY foi minha vizinha por um ano, então sempre que eu queria ir para lá, era só pegar o trem e uma hora depois eu estava lá. Minha "wanderlust" começou lá também, NY é um lugar que você pode fazer qualquer coisa em qualquer hora, a cidade realmente não dorme.
Eu amo essa cidade e 2014 foi a primeira vez que voltei lá depois de cinco anos! É incrível como eu conseguia lembrar de tudo, todas as ruas, exatamente qual caminho eu tinha seguir (exceto encontrar a Grand Central Station, eu tenho um problema enorme em encontrar aquele lugar).
Foi uma viagem super rápida, eu fui em uma excursão com a Vacances Sinorama e só ficamos lá um dia e meio (no ultimo dia antes de voltar para Montréal fomos em um outlet) então conhecemos só os lugares principais mesmo.
Lá eu pude comer novamente o cupcake de red velvet da Magnolia Bakery, comer um típico cachorro - quente americano (mas dessa vez foi no Five Guys mesmo kkkk), comprar maquiagem na CVS, caminhar por aquelas ruas cheias de gente, ir na Saint Patrick Cathedral, ver o big piano na FAO Schwarz, fazer uma visita rápida na Tiffany & Co e usar a internet na Apple Store, e várias outras coisas que eu adorava fazer quando estava por lá.
Próxima vez quero ir com minha família e fazer todas essas coisas de novo - é dificil cansar de NY.

IMG_7613
IMG_7588
IMG_7681
IMG_7706
IMG_7656
IMG_7650
IMG_7803
IMG_7783
IMG_7733
IMG_7698
IMG_7686
IMG_7815
IMG_7830
IMG_7831
IMG_7842
IMG_7834
IMG_7865
IMG_7872
IMG_7878
IMG_7885
IMG_7939
IMG_7964
IMG_7960

Frank Sinatra sabia o que estava dizendo: "These little town blues, Are melting away, I'm gonna make a brand new start of it, In old New York. And, If I can make it there, I'm gonna make it anywhere, It's up to you, New York, New York, New York".

See you soon again New York.






No Comments

Mel disse...

Fotos encantadoras! É impossível não se apaixonar por NY.

Andrea disse...

Finalmente o post de NY!! Também quero "be a part of it" ^_^. E vamos lá sim Hehehehe <33